Sunday, October 10, 2010

Writing report, contests, et al

First of all, my short story, Falling, has survived the first round of voting at ARe. If you get a chance, please drop by to cast your vote in round 2.

Secondly, I'm getting very close to completing one of my WIPs. I'm pretty excited about this one, as it's unlike anything I've ever written before and likely the first in a series. I've never written a series, or really aspired to write a series, thus I'm excited and nervous all at once. I hope to have it sent to my CP within a couple weeks and then will begin the submission process. Right now, I have my sights set on Samhain, though I'm really attracted to Noble Romance, as well. I want a place where paranormal romances perform well.

This story, tentatively titled "Lost Wages of Sin," is the story of Ava and Dante, and, as I said, likely the first in a series. It involves angels, demons, Heaven, Hell, vampires, rituals, and will eventually involve werewolves and other mystical creatures. I obviously have an affinity for vamps, but I've never broached anything like this in my paranormal writing. I'll post more updates as the story wraps to a close, as well as blog on its reception once I submit it.

It's been a crazy few days on the home front. Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

No comments: