Friday, August 5, 2011

New contract! Writing updates, and so forth.

I have signed a contract with Noble Romance Publishing for a Naughty Nibble entitled Forbidden Fruit. It's a tiny bit more taboo than my other fiction...well, depending on your definition of taboo. Sexual tension between step-siblings. Short, sweet, and sizzling just to whet your appetite.

In the meantime, I've been working on both Book 3 of the Sinners and Saints series (even if I don't yet know the fate of Book 2) and a short erotic contemporary. I've written so much paranormal over the past year, so the break back into a non-fantastical land is nice. Also, since it's aimed at just 20k, I feel like I'm getting a lot done.

Book 3 of S&S is coming along nicely. It's my first time writing from the POV of a male Sin, and I gotta say, he's rude, mean, snarky, and I think I love him. I am such a bad boy magnet.

Really, I'm just trying to follow my own advice as imparted over at Romancing the Muses. I rode a high after finishing two novel-length WIPs back-to-back, and now that they're complete and being considered for publication, the temptation is to ease into a small lull and take a break from writing. I don't want to do that; since writing LWoS last fall, I've been on a hot streak. Of course, there are days when it doesn't come easily or at all. In fact, I took a few weeks in May off from writing altogether, but when I got back to it I really got back, and determined not to let myself off the hook so easily. Once you stop it's hard to get going again, thus knowing this, I'm determined to get something written every day, even if it's just 500 words.

If all I can get done is some writing over my lunch period, that's fine. I just want to keep the momentum going.

No comments: